Friday, June 6, 2008

MY RANT of the Weak.....


While driving to L.A. I have yet to seen a gas sign UNDER $5.00
but yet, CNN posted this sign on their website, claiming this was "outrageously high " the highest I saw was in Lone pine at $5.89 a gallon , in my 2008 truck i get 13.5 mpg so to get to Ventura it took over 125 bucks in gas, the same time last year.......$75.00 Thats unreasonable and to make matters worse, It is Diesel , a fuel that takes 75% less proccessing and energy to make, but yet it is skyrocketing, in price to the point where not only are trucks PARKED on the side of the road with for sale signs on them but many government vehicles are locked up in gated pens, to keep people from syphoning the fuel.
A few weeks ago I forecasted that prices would plummet in the coming months, but in reality I am starting to worry, as even though all the refineries are on line, and production is increased, the FUEL that FUELS our nation is still rising and I don't think people realize what will happen if this problem doesn't get rectified , NOW.
I truly believe the Keynesian formula needs to be put to work and deficit spending needs to be put in place to spark economic Growth.......otherwise lets all go to work for the oil companies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More government interference...no thaks. They just have a tendency to make things worse. I rather go the other way, remove the government support (they happen to be making money off this) for oil companies so the market can regulate itself.